Friday, February 08, 2013

Bubbles

One time in recent memory I heard part of a debate on the radio between a colonel and an activist, which in part concerned the use of drones, and at the end they were talking about people living in "bubbles." I was intrigued, because I think everyone has been in some kind of bubble at some point.

Some of my bubbles have been quite Jesus-related. For example:

Oh, so random violence against girls and women is so common, apparently they don't look enough like Jesus to get people enraged and marching in the streets when that sort of thing happens.

Why Aren't We Shocked?

Women At Risk

Also

Mr. Nader's honeypot trauma is not applicable to J. Assange, and I'm sure the activist community can find a more worthy Jesus-like figure to worship.

Others not so much:

Oops, after reading about Steubenville, this photo-op accidentally reminded me of rape culture for some reason.

It may be useful for many people to try to figure out what kind of bubbles they live in.

No comments: