Friday, February 08, 2013

Weird thoughts about celebrities & activism

I was futzing around on the computer this morning and then decided to get out and go to a park. But on my way back, in the car, I was thinking about how I looked up this older talented singer and how it seems he might sort of disagree with this other, younger talented singer (who knocked the Superbowl lights out) about some activisty type things. Now, since he's an elder, and therefore, older and wiser, I kind of think this is more on him. I mean, the girl was born in 1981. I know she's a new mother, but still, she's practically a baby! (I admit a prejudice: I have a baby sister who was born that year so that's how it seems to me.) And who knows, maybe in another life, they were totally BFFs who were almost the same age and did yoga together and said that special word that means "I honor the place within you where the entire Universe resides; I honor the place within you of love, of light, of truth, of peace; I honor the place within you, where, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us," and deep down, they really love each other and stuff.

Anyhoo. So I think he just kinda needs to get on her wavelength a little more. Okay. So first, he should've hit her up on twitter, and been like, girl, your ass is looking fine in that dress! Bootylicious! You go girl! You liberate us all with those curves! Ain't nothing wrong with being a fine woman with curves. And stuff like that, and therefore, gotten to be better friends with her. Then, after a while, he could mention that he's got this friend who is an up and coming designer for women with curves. And she is so talented, but if she only had someone with celebrity star power to wear a few of her fashions, she could just rise, she could just catapult to the top and finally realize her destiny, her full potential! And send her some pictures of the friend's very best designs, to show how talented the designer is. And get her dress sizes and send some of them to her. They could arrange it so that, in her spare time, B. could wear a few of those articles of clothing while she's out and about ...and then this person would start to get very famous. And it would be, of course, because she's talented, but also, thanks to that extra celebrity star power boost!

And since we all know how talented, successful people love to give back to the community, maybe they could at some point arrange a charity fashion show to do something really great like Support the Troops and Their Families Who Also Sacrifice. Yes! Nothing better than giving back to those who gave their all so you could succeed, right? Oh, and then, there could be another fashion show, and this one would benefit victims of terrorist attacks. Like when some flying thing comes and bombs you out of nowhere, and you're just a little kid, and now your home  and your parents are gone and you've got nothing, but at least if someone holds a fashion show somewhere and raises a little money, at least then we know there's still a light of hope on this planet! But maybe he doesn't have to mention who threw down the bombs. At least not right away, cause that would be so conflicting, politically. But maybe eventually, you know, they could sit down and have some tea and do yoga and say that word that means "I honor the place within you where the entire Universe resides; I honor the place within you of love, of light, of truth, of peace; I honor the place within you, where, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us," and talk about how deep down, they really love each other, and then talk about it.

So that's what I sort of think Harry should've said to Belafonte, I mean, Beyonce. Whew! I dunno if it's really a good idea or not though, so maybe other people have some better ideas.

No comments: