Friday, February 01, 2013

Books to movies

I have gotten a chance to read and enjoy Gods Behaving Badly, which is to be made into a movie. I went and looked up which actors/actresses are going to be in the film.  I have to admit, I was a little bit shocked at the choice for Apollo. Not based on acting abilities or anything, but lookswise, Apollo always struck me as being a bit of a beauty queen (like the male version of Sharon Stone)...but I guess I momentarily forgot about "the formula" (as somewhat bitterly touched on in this post: A Deeply Philosophical Rant). I suppose that the physical standards which are still applied to most actresses would start to look different if they would ever consider casting someone like Melissa McCarthy as Aphrodite. I doubt I could have come up with a comparision very quickly before the movie Bridesmaids came out...

No comments: