Friday, October 23, 2009

Seeing some old DC in "Gold Dust"

Sure, like Virginia (I like that song, set to scenes from a kid's movie or no) this makes me think I could appreciate where I live better, even though it's not quite where I feel most at home on this planet, or even in this country. Sights and Sounds / pull me back down /another year / I WAS HERE / I WAS HERE / Whipping past / the reflecting pool / me + you / skipping school / And we make it up / as we go along / We make it up as we / go along / You said --you raced from Langley -- / pulling me underneath / a Cherry Blossom / canopy -- Do I Have -- Of course I have, / Beneath my raincoat, / I have your photographs. / And the sun on your Face / I'm freezing that frame / And somewhere Alfie cries / and says "Enjoy his every smile / You can see in the dark / Through the eyes of Laura Mars" -- How did it go so fast -- you'll say / as we are looking / back / and then we'll / understand / we held gold dust / in our / hands.
(Gold Dust! Gold Dust Dress? Gold Dust Dress? Gold Dust Class!)

No comments: