Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Female DJs

The other day, I asked myself, what do I know about female DJs? And the answer was nada. I looked some amateur ones up. Youtube commenters were pretty harsh. Sheesh, people, is there no place in our society for a beginner? Then I found one who seemed accomplished and there were NO comments on this video of Pam the Funktress. She does a trick from Afro Puffs, which sort of used to get stuck in my head, but I now know, after all these years, a) thats not by a man but by a woman, and b) it's not saying "apple puff." (Well I sort of already knew that.) My friend sent me: Sister Bliss and Faithless: Why Go. And that's my education on the topic so far.
~~~~~~
Then I showed my roommate this and she showed me this.
Then I watched Mass Destruction.

No comments: