Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What came of the internet

I was sitting by my book shelf and looking at a small jar, which is decorated with pictures of a frog and says "Drinkglas" on the lid. It once contained delicious Nutella-like spread from the Netherlands. Now it is full of erasers and a few pendants I don't really wear. There is one in the shape of an alligator. The girls on my dorm floor gave it to me ("Ali") my freshman year, on my birthday. Thinking of this, I decided to look up the name of my old college roommate and came across this page, which was probably created right when the college began to get the internet. Despite the fact that I was not in that program and only went there for 2 years, I recognize every name on the page and can picture every single one of them. In a way, I sort of wish I'd run into an alumna, chat with her about her extremely successful life, and get my ass kicked or else into gear somewise, because lately I feel like I have to do something different.

No comments: