Monday, October 12, 2009

Waiting for those laundry machines again...

I suppose there are many sides to this story, but this massive layoff of highschool teachers and counselors in DC sounds pretty messed up.
I got a speech from a stranger that I should be teaching the other day.
I remember that when I was a T.A., a student with limited English skills came in with a really creative story for a project, and I saved it. Really cracked up the class by drawing funny pictures to illustrate the story. It was all about a nameless monster. The nameless monster travels the world and tries on various personalities, none of which really satisfy. The conclusion was "we are all nameless monsters." How about that...
On Columbus Day, the laundry room becomes extremely popular.
~~~~~~~~
Hmmm. S.M. speech at L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center Gala.

No comments: