Thursday, October 22, 2009

Diner dash

At the end of this year, I will get the opportunity to visit Sedona, AZ. I think I would like to check out The Red Planet Diner. Who knows maybe if I like it enough I can move out there and work next to a bar with filled with aliens instead of DHS employees. Ha ha. It would also be healthier for everyone's lungs because Arizona, like most places, now enforces a smoking ban.
~~~~~~
It's odd how diners can be good places for writing. I think so. Yet, their food is not the healthiest. How can one be both healthy and creative? I skimmed a paperback tonight that talked about "Dance of Death" cults in the Middle Ages. It mentioned the idea of people going into trances dancing to their deaths as a reaction against the restrictions of the Church. If that is possible, couldn't one also go into a peaceful kind of trance when creating something? Maybe society is in a trance about the suffering artist.
Tori Amos has songs about suffering, though, and I continue to love them. When I first listened to Virginia, I probably found it to be boring. Later, I listen But as always / The thing that he / Loves he will / change from her / sunwise to clockwise / to soul trading / still she'll lay / down her Body / covering him all / the same / oh Virginia / do you remember / when the Land held / your hand / oh Virginia / she will let you back in oh Virginia / you can't remember / your name
and love it so well.

No comments: