Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloweeneee costumeee

Thanks to certain brilliant friends, I have an event to attend at which costume will be mandated. I have to face certain facts. I am probably not going to be able to use a cute, peasant girl type of dress, which is actually from the 70s, unless I go on a real diet. At the moment, I'm not a fan of diets. (Have I ever been? Perhaps I would be if I saw a point, like if I were, say, attending dance classes five days a week.) Speaking of dieting... Anyway, at this point I should probably give another girl a chance to wear it. Oh well, at least there were those cute pictures of me in it at my highschool graduation party. (Not the case of a college mixer I wore it to, in which the photographer followed me around, creepily whispered compliments, and then--creepier yet--for some reason didn't provide any photos for me to buy when the prints came out.)
OTHER COSTUME IDEAS:
I do have a pair of red, sporty-in-appearance-if-not-actuality (the polyester & cotton fabric is not fun to wear in any kind of heat) pants that I got from a clothing swap, which almost match a red hooded pullover that one of my relatives gave me from a writing conference with the words "Escrire Cogitare Discere" on it.
[Modern, Broke English Major Red Riding Hood?]
Or, YET AGAIN, YES, my wonderful (especially because it still fits!) Indian dress with all the cool little mirrors/beading/embroidery, which I only ever seem to wear on Halloween. Put the scarf thing around my head.
[Little Ethnically Ambiguous Burnt Orange Riding Hood?]
Or maybe I could go as The Secret.
(I'm actually not making fun of The Secret. I'm making fun of myself.)
Think I'll go make myself a Dal Paratha, or as I call it, a delicious Indian pancake. (This, and rice with beans and hot sauce, was accomplished.)
At end of evening: watching The New Age of Walmart.

No comments: