Thursday, October 30, 2008

Musical weirdness

I imagined a pyramid of blocks in my head when I was listening to "Kid A" a while back. I cannot find that CD anywhere now. So I listened to another one, and a song on "Amnesiac" kind of grabbed me. Ideas I might have had (or half-had?) while listening to it included: A Thomas a Becket-type fellow having a pious moment of Marian devotion in a cathedral, a young Thoreau-ish type preparing to go out for a long and exhilarating iceskate, an image of greyness and water, and remembering some Thoreau quotes and also learning about the river of Lethe, when I read Reincarnation: The Phoenix Fire Mystery when I was much younger. Also have cultivated a desire to go to Iceland, including some hot steam baths I have seen/heard about from a distance. I just looked it up and found out that the name of it is Pyramid Song.

No comments: