Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nice evening...

Went to my friend's gardening project and tried a raw tomatillo (it looked like a big green berry and tasted like a combination of a tomato and a very green apple), and raw, cold, wet peanuts (rather sweet and quite delicious!) Also the cotton pods were displaying their fluffy white cotton. I took home some lemon balm, tomatillos, and carrots. My friend recently started volunteering for the Obama campaign, and somehow I found myself accompanying her and other supporters, and also carrying a sign endorsing him, in a local parade. An interesting experience! (Later, when I came home and showed the sign to my roommate, who was watching him give a campaign speech on television, she told me this is the first time in her whole life that she is not voting Republican.) After the parade, I helped her and her husband pack some stuff up from the place they are moving from (they had been a tremendous help to me when I moved months ago) and received two plants, a scarf, a small lamp, a book called The Way of the Peaceful Warrior and a folksong CD based on "Walden." Just ate some omega 3/flaxseed penne pasta with lemon balm and salt, which was kinda spare (I was meaning to buy olive oil on a wealthier day but haven't gotten around to it) but it also tasted good to me! Am feeling pretty alright with the world...

No comments: