Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Questions (somefoodwhatrelated)

Questions for calm intelligent people to ask oneself and one another: What makes you truly HAPPY/what makes me truly HAPPY? It's disturbing when a long amount of time passes without asking questions like this! When that seems like only a LUXURY, as opposed to the normal reality. If you are a character in a modern-day fairy tale, how does it feel if you are walking down the street and you see a golden ball in the window of a shop? Are you happy just to be taking it in, enjoying your life and time with yourself or whomever? Or are you eyeing it hungrily and miserably, plotting for a way to someday have that toy...What if it's not just a shiny object in a shop? What if it's a health or lifestyle-related thing...what is intelligent eating, for the season, for your body, for the budget? I remember, with some fondness, things I ate in graduate school around this time of year. Soups. Hot wine with spices in it. I wish I could go on longer road trips and revisit those places. For protein I have been consuming sunflower seeds, beans, and boiled eggs (with Goya hot sauce.) I feel like I love eating cheaply sometimes, it seems the best way, although maybe the hot sauce has too much sodium and I should really eat more greens and raw food items. Yesterday I ate some Fuji apple slices, sprinkled with the organic cinnamon I bought a long time ago, and spread with budget-friendly (but sugarfree) crunchy peanut butter. I could not even believe how much I savored them. I think I need to go visit some apple orchards again soon!

No comments: