Monday, October 13, 2008

"Take as directed"

So, now the bottoms of my feet are all taped up and padded and they are supposed to remain that way for several days. I went to work, left to go to the doctor, received this taping treatment, filled the prescription, and then went back to work again. Hmmm. Think of dancers' feet. A reward is to walk slowly by the furniture store emanating vibes of solitude at the end of the night, feeling strangely moved by the traces of some soft rock tune floating down the deserted hallway. The friendly medical student who did the taping told me he had recently patronized my work place. I was actually complimented on my choice of Naturalizer shoes. Nonetheless, it still feels like I'm someone who is wobbling home on little posts of wrappings when I walk through the door. And oh, for some reason the roommate still has just not been able to move the bags of stuff out of the hallway that have been there for, like, FOUR DAYS. Day after tomorrow is definitely going to be a great foot-resting day. Maybe at some point I will be motivated to go back out to the car tonight to retrieve the sheet of physical therapy exercises for the morning. Forgot to ask if ibuprofen works okay with methylprednisolone. Well, WASP work ethic ancestors, now my feet feel a kinship with you.

No comments: