Saturday, September 09, 2017

Because of behavioral patterns...


"I grew up among evangelicals. I know the rhetoric."  - Tim Suttle

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/paperbacktheology/2017/09/nashville-statement-evangelical-parents-gay-children.html#VYKsDueFcMEzuBmH.99

~~~~~

"An older pastor said that it is impossible to separate the Nashville Statement from the massive support white Evangelicals gave to Trump. Impossible to separate, I mean, in the mind of the young.

'But Russell Moore signed it, and other Trump critics among Evangelicals,' I said.

'I know, and I’ve tried to tell people that,' said this pastor, a conservative Evangelical. 'It doesn’t matter to them. All they see is a bunch of leaders of a movement who voted for a sexually corrupt man like Donald Trump are now trying to take a public stand on sexual morality for gays. It’s totally hypocritical to them. I don’t know how the Nashville Statement drafters and signers didn’t see this coming.'” -  from Rod Dreher's post

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/is-the-nashville-statement-a-surrender/

No comments: