Friday, September 08, 2017

I even found a Christian book...


"People like Betsy DeVos enable men like Donald Trump"

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/09/08/betsy-devos-sexual-assault-victims-dont-come-forward/

From A Bigger Table:

"Chapter 3: Going Against The Family"

"It didn’t take long before I became more and more comfortable with the personal compromises I began to make as a pastor and family member, of hiding both my flaws and my fears. The sacrifice felt worth it, because this highly edited version of myself was cared for and affirmed and loved in our community. That’s what the church of the small table looks like in the flesh: a group of well-meaning but carefully managed impostors, all sharing only those things they believe will secure their spot and sustain their inclusion—no one ever able to be fully real. That’s what the family can do if we’re not careful. You want so much to be a part of it that you’ll stay silent when you feel compelled to speak, and you’ll turn your head if what you see will be too painful or costly to confront. For a while I was OK with this. For a while I was a good soldier. For a while I was safe on the inside."

https://johnpavlovitz.com/bigger-table-sneak-preview-book-excerpt/

No comments: