Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Surprised

This guy is going to be in the area tomorrow and I would be interested in hearing about his experiences but I will be presenting my group project and will not be going...I actually do feel kind of hopeful. I've certainly had moments of despondence recently and throughout this past year. I had kind of ignored it, but while I was driving I started remembering an image I woke up with. It was like a painting of a Native American woman with her eyes closed (as if in deep meditation) and there were about 17,000 soldiers or veterans or troops inside of her. (Why 17,000? I don't know. Why not?) "Counting the tears of ten thousand men..." It's making me try to look at things in a "bigger picture" kind of way. That song made me look up magpies and I found Magpie the Film. I think the image could have been a painting or it could have been like a large sheet of stained glass where you don't necessarily see all those troops but you just know that they are there.

No comments: