Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Running and taxes

Two things I do not excel at, and worth reading about.

"I am frightened for my country. I am terrified for my fellow female runners. America was already unsafe for us before Donald Trump. But I will continue to run around town in my I’M WITH HER shirt, smiling at every person I see. Even if you call me a pig. Even if you spit in my face. Even if you tell me I lost."

~ What happened when I went for a run in my I’M WITH HER shirt after the election

"Three days a week I sat there, quietly mutinous, until very suddenly in class one morning I realized I was shirking a challenge. If everyone like me, everyone with a liberal arts bent and what my father called bleeding heart tendencies, avoided learning about tax law, only those on the other side would understand it."

~ Pigs, Hogs, Unwanted Tax Expertise, and Trump

No comments: