Sunday, December 11, 2016

What is it called

SIGH,
It is not going away...

So I had a pretty nice day and I ate a very healthy salad for lunch and as I did that I was reading something that said the equivalent of: Men make more money so usually they are better to market towards because they will spend more money on your product! Just sayin'...natch for business owners... I finished my lunch and decided to go for a walk on a certain trail because it's a nice way to get into nature quickly but the access point is on a street that now requires permit parking and I wondered (since those signs weren't there before) did I do something wrong? Did I offend any residents (they are in a wealthier area) when I was parking there? Wracking my brain. Will I ever be able to walk on that trail again? And the thing I read about how marketing towards men will usually pay off better because they make more $$ was still circling around...then I came back to a certain question. What is is called...

If men devalue women when they don't fit certain standards?
If men devalue women's contributions unless they are expressed in a certain way?

If women devalue and do not help other women because they don't feel it's important or because they perceive it could hurt their reputation or that it could impact them negatively to do so?
If women devalue certain ideas when they come out of a woman's mouth,  but suddenly act like those ideas are much more worthy of attention if a man says them or says that they are?

I think that is called a culture of discrimination against women.
Sometimes this discriminatory culture is perpetuated by both sexes.

It is here, and it seems like it's getting even worse because the people that are being elected to political power are definitely a part of it.

But they are also a symptom. 

No comments: