Monday, December 05, 2016

sandwiches plus!

"A gregarious woman of fifty-six, Debra Bosolet wore an oversized T-shirt and fuzzy pink slippers. “I made some little turkey-and-cheese sandwiches,” she said, taking a plate out of the refrigerator. While Torres sat in a corner, checking his BlackBerry, she explained to me that she had named her son for Ritchie Valens, having seen the movie “La Bamba” when she was pregnant.

“She named me after a promising young man who died at seventeen,” Torres said.

“But he is remembered to this day,” Bosolet told him. “Lucky I didn’t name you Reuben, after the sandwich.” She gave that name to his brother, after discovering the sandwich at Roy Rogers during her pregnancy."

~http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/12/12/fighting-for-the-poor-under-trump


...and then... 

It was suggested I listen to a whimsical song by a band who will be playing on that singer's birthday...

No comments: