Thursday, May 26, 2016

plans awry (again)

existential moment of the day: looking at the mountains as the sun went down, cell phone nearly dead, waiting for a tow
(quite uncertain, thinking about alternatives, things to do differently)
later riding in the back of the tow truck...
the driver's wife (?) tells him to turn up the song because she likes it
Like A Prayer...
after the drop-off and credit card payment,
walking down the sidewalk and looking up to see a familiar face
feeling a smile, spread arms wide to sing
Strangers In the Night...
"well, I hadn't heard from you in two hours so..."
"my phone died"
"I know"
parting at work place (refusing offer of bike)
walking more blocks home alone
the light at 7:45 p.m. in late May
a "gospel worship" place:
a woman with closed eyes
a woman reading
a woman crying
the backs of factories
How Does It Feel To Be One Of The Beautiful...
everything is curious, it is life
men in diners not seeing me see them
a bartender looking up, seeing me rest on a sidewalk bench
admiring, almost touching plants in gravel I haven't noticed before
oh the shadows and the hedges, fences, architecture
I can walk here at night, which makes me happy



Another Sunny Day ~ Belle and Sebastian & Animation by benzette

No comments: