Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dream / "IRL"

Dream: I got an urge to move faster so I began running.

My holey hooded pullover camouflaged me so people thought I was a goofy kid, ducking out of the way of cars, perhaps not appearing to be very bright or coordinated, kind of like an unsophisticated sort of "Harry Potter" type who ran into side streets but was having fun with this particular form of movement.

(I looked up goofy runner. This is a thing, apparently. Oh my god.)

IRL: I went to a park, saying to myself that I would only go on a little hike, not climb the big hill this time. Then I turned on the other street and parked next to the big hill.

I thought about climbing it. There were people setting up a party with decorations and gift bags and little kids running around. Hungry Heart was on the radio. That reminded me of East Coast things.

(7-up signs...
Highways...
Italian bakery cases)

I decided to walk up the hill. Even before I got to the entrance (I haven't climbed it in 3 months) I was not happy. But actually climbing it wasn't so bad. I took a lot of rest breaks. Why not? I was there to take in the views. Also I walked up backwards for some of the way.

Some other day it might be fun to go all the way to the top without stopping, but that was a day to take breaks and enjoy the views.

On the way down I passed another woman. She was quite a bit lighter than I am. She was taking in the views, too. I told her there's a nice tree a little ways further to rest under and she said "Oh, no, I'm going all the way up to the top!" For a minute I thought that meant she wasn't going to take anymore breaks, but she told me she stops every fifty feet. We told each other "Everyone stops to rest." Of course, that's not true, but quite a few people do. There are "scenic stops" at most every turn.


No comments: