Sunday, May 15, 2016

May BE

Guyzzzzzz

Neighbors 2 trailer

"In real life, the 26 member sororities governed by the National Panhellenic Conference indeed forbid drinking in sorority houses as a rule. No alcohol means no hosting of house parties on par with the fraternities. The problem is, that puts all the power in the hands of male-run social events on campuses across the country. Sororities can host parties, technically speaking—but they either have to co-host them with fraternities, or hire a third-party vendor in order to do so. Which means they require either male permission or outside help to throw their own parties."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/14/why-don-t-sororities-have-the-right-to-party-like-frats.html

########

"Recently, I asked my dad why he allowed me to listen to Howard's sexist rants when I was just a teenager. He had no good answer. I think maybe he wanted me to understand that, no matter what I did, there were people who would judge me by values I couldn’t control. I remember a conversation around that time in which he told me that every man looked at every woman and decided within 30 seconds whether he wanted to have sex with her. “Boys are stupid,” he often said, “every single one of them.”

"Until Donald Trump decided to run for president, I hadn’t had much reason to think about Howard in the last 25 years."

~ http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/05/howard-stern-donald-trump-dad-objectified.html

########

"In conversations, many women who support Mr. Trump expressed similar defenses of their preferred candidate. He’s not sexist, he’s just not politically correct. He’s not a career politician, so he doesn’t stick his finger in the wind before he says something. He believes in treating women as tough as he treats men. The news media has distorted his message with cherry-picked sound bites. If he were sexist, would he have promoted so many female executives, including his daughter, within his own company?"

~ http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/opinion/campaign-stops/the-women-who-like-donald-trump.html?_r=0

No comments: