Friday, May 27, 2016

You never know

what will restore your faith in humanity. I was feeling so tired for a number of reasons, and especially because there were more stories (real ones) of women being treated badly at their workplaces and I went to a fast food place for something to eat. The girl brought out food for me and asked me "Would you like that table wiped down?" It was hardly dirty at all, there was just a straw wrapper on it. But I said "Yes." Then she told a man to wipe it down and he did so. He said, "I'm sorry about that." "Oh no, that's okay, I know it get's busy on Friday!" The girl said, "All these kids, you know," and rolled her eyes a bit and left. I said "Thank you," to the man and I sat there and ate my unhealthy meal. It was so great. It wasn't that he served me (although it was) but he just was happy to do so. I was so happy, and grateful, and I appreciated it so much. I gave him a very happy goodbye when I left and he returned it. It felt so nice and so rare and so genuine. Wow.

No comments: