Saturday, May 28, 2016

There's differences

SIGH. Stories. Phone. Again. REAL SITUATIONS.  Lately, it really, really, really, really seems like, if you're a guy, and you've just coasted through life and gotten rightfully promoted for your hard work always, and never dealt with any nasty sexist B.S. and always was made to feel as if it was your right to get paid well and get respected (Of course! Since you're a guy! And you fit right into the OBN!) it's like...it's like we're on totally opposite planets, or something? Like, why do so many women I know have these problems? Especially ones going into traditionally male environments. And men, they are not taught to recognize what's happening. Why? Is life just like a big party game? You make money, you earn a pretty supporter who only says sweet things and never brings up anything negative, that's how it goes? Even women aren't supposed to talk about it too much because it's "too negative." BUT IT'S RIGHT THERE. AND IT'S SO NOT FAIR. I just... Words fail. AGAIN. It's a very frustrating time right now and it feels like it could CONTINUE FOREVER sometimes. And I remember being a kid, and telling myself, it wasn't that way anymore, since my mom was a single mother and a businesswoman. I would tell myself that it would all be worked out, as a grown up.

HA.

Part 2: This is kind of worse, probably. Sometimes I get distracted. Food tastes less tasty. I have to read something feminist.

http://jezebel.com/rebel-wilson-thinks-she-was-drugged-at-a-trendy-unnamed-1764253772?utm_source=taboola

http://jezebel.com/these-gals-stopped-a-rape-last-night-1779300793

Some people live in a bubble. They don't get angry about this stuff. I don't know what that's like.

Part 3:
Lots of dehydrated strawberries in my mouth. Lots.

No comments: