Wednesday, April 18, 2012

neat little discoveries

Feels like I found some today.
1) Girls Rock Dallas
2) "today's studio activity is singing Lana del Rey's "video games" in the style of Bob Dylan. try it. it's ADDICTIVE."
--http://twitter.com/#!/AMANDAPALMER
That sounds like a good idea!
First I have to figure out what the Video Games song is.
Then I want to get a better look at the lyrics.
Oh, and then I get sucked into comments.
(Scroll down...past all the 'this song is about a girl whose boyfriend beats her,' blah blah blah...)
Here we go:
"A bit more metaphorically, I saw it as a commentary on trying to make it in show business. She has to sell herself, and demean herself by acting out the gender role of the fragile dependent female in order to move ahead in a vapid industry in a male chauvinistic society." (Posted by "mishkabunny.")
That's it!
I still need to work on Step 3, which is finding the Bob Dylan songs...getting down all those little vocal nuances and inflections....

No comments: