Saturday, April 28, 2012

yoga...

Today was fun. I got to witness the annual “Doo Dah” parade. It was full of lively characters and assorted costumes. Took some pictures with the old phone camera because I forgot the better one. One participant sported a rather interesting statement on her uniform. I think she was part of one of those roller derby teams. The back of her shirt said MAMA SLAYER and she was wearing tight pants with UM THIS written across her butt. I thought that was quite amusing. I tried to get her picture but she kept turning every which way. Or else my phone would mess up. Finally, I thought I could get a shot of her, but at that very moment an old lady stepped in front of me and handed me a flyer. “Here you go! See, she’s not afraid!” she laughed and went off. (I’m not sure if that second statement was meant for me or for others?) I looked at the flyer. It said: “Come laugh your way to a happier, healthier life!” And then in smaller letters it had information about a local club that practices “Laughter Yoga.” It’s funny because yesterday evening I was just thinking about how I need to start doing yoga again. But after I unrolled the new yoga mat, (which has been sitting around for quite a long time) I just laid down and fell asleep on it without even doing a single pose, not even an easy one like child’s pose/mecca or anything. Anyways, that was an interesting spectacle to witness today. I think later I will try to see if the phone camera took any pictures that seem worth posting… 
~~~~~~
Hmmm. Some army guys doing yoga.

No comments: