Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Taps

All's quiet here but I just heard "Taps" through closed windows. Maybe it came from Ft. Myer?
Which also has a website.
Which now also has a page which references RAINN.
~~~~~~
I was thinking about the Watervliet Arsenal. I spent a lot of time there as a kid. On the grounds, playground and at the swimming pool. In fact, when I hear that name, I almost automatically think "swimming pool." I started to look for photos. I found none of the swimming pool I found one of this sign. I thought of how I picked up a book about the history of women and firearms at the bookstore the other day. Swimming pool. Arsenal. Arsenal does not equal swimming pool? How is that so? Did we kids used to crawl on old cannons like they were big toys, or did I make that up?

No comments: