Saturday, May 08, 2010

Books

Still reading White Mother...

Yesterday, I carried many out from the library. I almost reread the two memoirs by Paula Fox, but the load was already too heavy. I heard an interview with Isabel Allende on "Studio 360" and it was pleasing to me. Last night a friend brought me a bag of books as a gift. Cheesy teenage beach romance novels, Anastasia Again! and Blubber. He also bought me a ticket to Ironman II. It was better than I expected, though I felt quite sick by the end, and vowed to get myself back to better health. I am so mystified by Crying Wind, and wonder, what was her real upbringing. Also wonder, can I get a hold of When the Stars Danced anywhere? It's not in the Library of Congress. It's been quite interesting to read books and articles about NAGPRA when I have to do things like go to notaries and fill out paperwork to retrieve old paychecks which someone apparently stole/forged.
~~~~~
Hey cool, they are talking about Seattle-area terayaki on "The Splendid Table." I totally remember that after moving to Seattle we started sometimes ordering a strange new food called "terayaki." The guy says it is "working class food." All I knew was that my mother's boyfriend liked it.

No comments: