Monday, May 10, 2010

Special song experiences

Thieves by She & Him was the first one, sounded sad but beautiful, heard in a darkish (not lightless but no artifical lights) room of computer monitors as I updated software....

Later, in the park, I reread some of Caramba! Which I read by the pool last year. I think I will also reread PrairyErth. Both books kind of make me think of hot sun and the smell of cocoa butter or other kinds of sunscreen products.

California Stars was the second one. In Chipotle, thinking about how hard the people behind the counter are working, I worked burrito bar in college, how grateful I felt for my food, and wow do they really put sticks of butter in the rice? and kind of simultaneously thinking about stars (in the SKY) And how at some point in the past I read a book that described a girl getting off a plane in California and being greeted by Hari Krishnas...

~~~~~~
On Mother's Day, played Tori Amos CDs for my mother, the former piano/music teacher, on the way back from Sky Meadows. She said what would be the best if I got one CD? We thought maybe The Beekeeper would be the best. A beekeeper was out there, too.

(Remembering, could almost, by surprise, without knowing or planning on it, cry when describing things, reading a part of a NAGPRA paper to an audience, power point slides as a backdrop, surprise, or describing videos to songs, like one of a girl who is pointing to the sky and her mother is the plane's pilot, surprise, maybe that was halfway to laughing, one could almost, in an unexpected freeing transition to spontaneity.)

No comments: