Sunday, April 11, 2010

Historic house...

It's so different to see this version of the story of Anne Frank on PBS, since I've been to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. Mostly I don't remember it, but I do still remember a bit. Especially the pictures on her bedroom wall and when her father spoke in a film, saying he was very surprised when he read her diary, that he didn't know his daughter had such deep thoughts and feelings, because she didn't express that in their day to day life.
After I went, the girl I was with took me to a cart and, because I said I'd like to, we tried some kind of fish that was raw or pickled or something. I didn't care for it then. But I think I'd probably like it better now, for some reason.
The Netherlands and Peru. The only places I've been to, outside of North America, still.

No comments: