Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hard

Trying to write this paper on NAGPRA and joyously combing the Chicago Manual of Style. Ha. Thoughts.

"If you're a thought
You will want me to think you"
--Scarlet's Walk

Recently, I went to an Easter service with my friend and her parents. It was in English, Greek, and Arabic. It was lovely; we didn't kiss the bishop's ring though. Her parents had stories to tell, and a few days later I got a little shell-shocked from looking up stuff about the "Ukrainian Holocaust." (Cliche, but I walked out of a building and the air smelled, if not sweeter, more intriguing, and every person I passed seemed equally complex and precious.) And recently watched a documentary about the German military guys who resisted Hitler, the "Valkyries," (well maybe they didn't call themselves that, but in my head I started to) including old film footage of their trials after the failed plot. I wondered if I'm more mature now? A while back, I learned from her about the Ukrainian Amazons...

No comments: