Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lost...maybe recovered.

I posted about some moments today, but lost it. That's what happens when I try to use my phone because I have no other source of internet in my room! Sigh.
Well, I very much enjoyed listening to Ira Glass's show about siblings and babysitting. Especially the last story about siblings who made up a family they'd babysit for to escape from their unhappy and controlling (and poor and widowed) mother, and then they'd go run away and sleep on the beach.
As I was listening to it, I was finishing knitting my first scarf out of a skein of purply-light blue yarn that grew paler and paler...I thought of the sea because I might have some left over and might try to combine it with a darker, more intense yarn which is somewhere between navy and turquoise, but somewhat greenish ("Lagoon" is the color.) I don't know what the paler yarn is called.

And after a day of sorting files, moving things up and down stairs, and throwing things away, I waited for my order in a NY style pizza joint (with an amusingly attitudinal employee who banged rolls of quarters for the register in what seemed an almost chastising fashion b/c I didn't contribute to the tip jar...oh yes, and I did know the whole time that he had better things to do in his life than wait on me!) and this song came on: "Whatever happened to the boy that I once knew, the boy who said he'd be true...oh no oh no oh no no no no no...Remember...walking in the sand..." (Would the daughter who ran away from her mother as a teenager have ever listened to it?)
~~~~
(Also I liked the ones about the sisters in the airport. I liked the whole episode, but at times the musical segments were a little less pleasing.
Also this evening I was compelled to look more into the history of Germany.
My last thought of this post is...my thoughts are more interesting than my writings, usually.)

No comments: