Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why Duran Duran?

In Watervliet, at Eastview, where the water tower broke, which came up later in a therapy session, me seeing the the vulnerable figures of mom and sister and maybe little me on TV, spectators to the flood, water pouring in other peoples' windows, not ours, but also another day, the pool being dug and the layers of clay and the neighbors the older couple the lady had a heart attack, but that was later, earlier, her son (a big third grader, I was to be in grade one, the teacher would hate me for nice clothes or southern accent or something...) wanted me to go with him to see the layers, the clay, the pool, dug by construction workers, but I was forbidden to leave the steps, he wanted me to go with him, he pitied me, he didn't approve of my captor, and he brought the clay and made it into a heart. Later I met a third grade girl who came from a kind a background different from my own and she taught me many things about life and grown ups and deceit, pain....Looked up her name, and wondered if this would be her? Yeah. Huh. All Duran Duran and Michael Jackson. She had a big poster of the latter, in his yellow sweater, in her room.

No comments: