Sunday, April 25, 2010

Clothing swap

It was at my friend's friend's synagogue basement. A basement full of females. I put out my clothes and cut my chin in the bathroom. Uuuuunpretty. After long moments in the bathroom, I finally emerged. I talked to a girl who said she would have been just devastated if her first child wasn't a boy. Me in thought: I just have no clue what you are talking about. I left because I didn't want any clothes and I didn't feel good about my cut, among other things. A guy outside yelled at me something about the way I come walking out of the building with my hair bouncing off my shoulders means I'm going to look like some guy's dream. I just kept saying "Oh, really?" as I walked to my car. Then he said "Look at me, I'm living out of A BAG." He went on, "Now, I'm coming from a male perspective." Me: "Oh really?" Him: "I'm from California." "Oh, really?" "REALLY" he said, with a "You are stupid" inflection in his voice. Then: "You're Jewish right?" "No." "What? You have to be. You just came out of there. Isn't this a synagogue?" "Yeah but I'm not Jewish, I'm just visiting." "There's nothing wrong with being Jewish." "I know, but I'm not Jewish!" Then I got into my not-so-rattletrap seeming car, which next to some guy living out of a bag kind of felt like a limo or something, and drove away in a bad mood.

No comments: