Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Maybe the experience of going to college is going to be really different in the future.

I can remember being a young teenager staying at my stepfather's mother's house in a college town and wondering why she acted so scared at the idea of me going outside at night. It was linked to the college men in the fraternities that were around, but nobody ever wanted to get into the details of what I was supposed to be afraid of.

And I just had a conversation this weekend with someone who said that when she went to college and there was crazy stuff going on with fraternities, girls were just expected to lock themselves in and not go outside. Nobody did anything to try to curtail the violence.

So being able to go to college and participate in fraternity life and only get enjoyment from that life, and make connections with others that benefit you later in your career and in your friendships and such, is a real privilege that not everyone has been afforded, to say the least.

"Listen to this professor..."

riseabovejusticemovement

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DeJ9KbLs_SP/?stkn=MTNhN2gwbGFzdG84eQ==

No comments: