Tuesday, August 11, 2026

But now back to Shadow Work. Yippee!

As I switch from Naughty By Nature being down with O.P.P. to Bea Wain singing about how she's Nobody's Baby, can I just say how exasperated I am and how much I wish I was living about 300 years into a more feminist future and how this is why sometimes I just scroll and scroll on Instagram because that's the only place I ever seem to find any feminist content.  Like every time I turn on the radio it seems like the majority of the DJ's jobs is to just talk about how great male musicians are. Really. That seems like 95% of their job. 

I feel disappointed with women in my generation sometimes. Kind of like I was disappointed way back when people at a baby shower were talking about how awful it is to raise girl babies and girl children and they liked talking like that. They had fun talking like that. They enjoyed putting down children. These were women with deep internalized misogyny issues. But anyways, with all the enjoyment they had talking about putting down girl babies, no wonder they didn't have a whole lot of energy left to see how complicated the whole reproduction issue is across the board with a wide variety of women because they're not taught to see that they're just taught to brag about themselves, probably at the expense of a lot of children actually. These women are the mothers of the children who now have fewer reproductive rights then they had. In some cases, people's daughters have been abducted this summer. I mean all kinds of people have been abducted, not just daughters. But really, I thought that we would be better than this. So I'm mad. Even though I am happy with some progress that has been made in society, I'm still mad. And that's the shadow side! 

Tune in later for more Shadowy Stuff!

Also, I can't believe how not that long ago some people were actually yelling at each other about saying things like something looks shady is too much hey you know what looks shady ice agents look shady ice agents kidnapping people looking shady shady shady shady shady and putting them in concentration camps this summer huh this summer alright get a grip.

No comments: