Friday, December 29, 2017

Gingery musical dream

I sat by a quiet kid in class (this kid being an adult in a college class, however) and he kept offering me a treat from a bag of ginger candies and something flat, like albums or books. I would say no, that's okay but then still reach into the bag to eat the candies. I knew he knew I was eating them. At the end of class, he got up and played guitar and sang. It was quite amazing to see the switch between shy student and performer. Everyone clapped, although most people weren't familiar with his work, and he told us where he would be playing a show later. Afterward, I told someone, "He is so professional! It's like Elvis came back and decided to be more introspective and perform for smaller audiences." Then music from another group came on. "And I want to see them too..."

No comments: