Tuesday, January 08, 2013

It's very hard but it's good

That people try to raise awareness about difficult topics. I read these...

Steubenville

On Internet...

I didn't read everything all the way, though.
I am of the opinion that there is a really big problem in our society.

With regard to the first post about Steubenville, that infamous video can make a person numb. It's awful. There's references to celebrities...I'm surprised he didn't manage to reference Mr. I hold up an Obama #1 shirt at the White House. I think that when the president of our country and father of two daughters is that proud of himself for standing by someone who features prominently in this piece on sexual assault, it indicates we have a culture of denial. IMMENSE DENIAL. If I was his wife, I think I would divorce him. I'm sure that some people in the powers that be can change the way this stuff is dealt with in sports culture. Which many women enjoy, by the way, IN SPITE of the flagrant disrespect for women that mars it.  Datin Communication, Respect, & Sexual Assault AwarenessDating, Communication, Respect, & Sexual Assault Awareness

No comments: