Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Purple wafers taste like cloves

I heard the funny food episode on Wait Wait... on Saturday. Originally, I started writing a satirical little story in my head, which centered on the image of a high school girl walking backwards and pitching purple wafers at her neighbor's car while singing the "Why Can't We Be Friends" song, and if he deigned to so much as even throw a glance or a scowl in her direction, she'd say, "What, does my behavior offend you or something? I'll have you know, this is considered a charming custom in the kingdom VISIONQUESTLANDIA on the planet where I come from!" And P.S. What on earth is the artist on this album cover doing to that car? And I would crack myself up, at least a little bit. But then real life intervened and people had to go to the hospital again and I just didn't feel like being so flippant/funny about anything for the time being. Oh well. C'est tragic. That is life sometimes.  

By the way, as I was composing this little tragedy, the person I live with walked into the room and felt the need to share a variation of the "Always Keep Your Condoms..." story. 

No comments: