Saturday, March 24, 2012

M is for…Motivation!


I know of at least one way to help an ADD person focus on grammar rules: think of all the interesting foreign languages you could learn in the future. :-)

Maybe another way to make it less boring could be to dissect famous lines from movies. Like “No Time For Love, Dr. Jones!” Sometimes, I look out at the universe and see something, which is almost like…a sign…maybe even, a message from God…Wow. Maybe God cares about my behavior? God cares about my moral conduct, too, right? God really cares. Imagine how good that makes a person feel! Possibly, almost as good as some people feel when there are lines of people buying their books and contributing to their paychecks...

Language in general is strange. There is this peculiar habit we have of naming things. Some cultures have lots of nicknames. But even the most standard names in this culture can have a weird effect on the brain. For example, I worked with someone the other day that had to read a story by the author Sherman Alexie. I thought to myself, when I see that name, I tend to think more of the “Alexie,” and almost forget about the “Sherman.” Emily Dickinson, on the other hand, is more “Emily” than “Dickinson” to me. Lucy Maud Montgomery? That one’s harder…is it mostly “Maud” or “Montgomery?” I feel like I go back and forth between the two Ms...

Maybe I should just call her “Ms. M & M.”
That seems like it might be kinda cool. ;-)
There was only “Mr. M” when I was in kindergarten.

Just found the whole Letter People line up. How fun! Um. They’re not very diet friendly, are they? Oh my god, I’m so glad my name didn’t start with E! That would’ve been a huge blow to the self-esteem. I’m pretty sure I thought Mr. M was definitely the COOLEST. Although Mr. S had a song to sing didn’t he? Yes sirree. Can someone tell me, why did the boys get the better songs?

Another way to keep focused is to pick apart the lyrics to favorite songs:


Sure hope this grammar thing improves. I think it will, though.
Toil for the little paycheck! Sometimes, that’s life…

No comments: