Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Poignancy

It is interesting that I had a dream a little while ago about someone, who told me he needed some help. I simply told him then he should get some. It wasn't dire, it was more a quality of life type of thing. Maybe it was a little bit of an explanation for a past disappointment. This was a nice brief "friend" or soulmate-ish type I met and only knew briefly. A cool name. When I liked him a friend called me "Gin." (Gin and...) The person gave a feeling of surprise recognition, and interfered with me when I was looking at bride magazines when I was supposed to llevar/ayudar el peruano, or so I had thought. I was extremely amazed I could be so taken with someone who was almost my opposite in interests. It was really awful and great, too. It was a long time ago. A few weeks ago, I thought I saw an older version of this person in a store. I don't really know if it was, but I felt that we both got this "I don't believe I want to be around you" look on our faces and I very gently avoided venturing near the person. It is good to once in a while remember things which come come under the category of "poignant," but real life definitely shoves "practical" in one's face. It would be easy to forgot this sort of thing, but I figure bothering to remember goes a long way in making this life appear more well-rounded, and anyway, it could be a little bit of a tribute to the fact that sometimes cool things that were painful can still be ringed with lining of happiness.

No comments: