Saturday, June 12, 2010

Looking

I noticed "the artist" has some videos up now of her playing at Bonnaroo. I couldn't go, oh well, I had the tooth thing to deal with. I was reading some of her memoir too, several days ago. It's funny to know that that is kind of old news, but you can read it in a park and it feels fresh, well, little parts of it strike chords in me sometimes. Like electric shocks. (But pleasant ones.) I also noticed that her grandfather's name/initials reminded me of the name/initials of my classmate who passed away. Because we didn't really hang out, I never thought I would be so struck by that occurence, or have so much regret we didn't know each other better. I never thought about it at all. But it shocked me. Perhaps I was sheltered in a way. I never had a friend who was my own age die suddenly.

No comments: