Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dreams

I got home late last night after hanging out with a friend, watching episodes of "The L Word" at the end of the night. (One particular scene involving a character named "Papi" made me reconsider an alternative meaning to Ms. Amos's "Circles" song, otherwise known as "Cloud on My Tongue.") Today my tooth depressed me and ached worse, but I got some stuff organized, which might be the key to everything.
I dreamed last night that I was in a house with a bunch of people, like a community, and my bellisimo friend in LA. I was supposed to take care of a kid. The kid was a boy and cute. He didn't look like me, maybe he had different parents, different heritage, mixed race. I took care of him for a while and then said, but I thought there was supposed to be a girl. My friend said, there is, and then I saw a tinier baby, a girl, also mixed race and she did not look like me. But her parents were like older stressed out hippie-ish white people who had hooked up and for some reason couldn't take care of her now. She didn't look like them either. I asked "what is her name" and my (bellisimo) friend said "her name is Queen Maeve."

No comments: