Friday, December 19, 2008

Two kinds

Caroling!
Most nostalgia-inducing carol would be: The Little Drummer Boy by Living Voices (I'm downloading that). I listened to it so much that it is my default "proper" rendition of that song. And some of the other songs are kind of that way, too. Like "Do You Hear What I Hear." "Pine Cones and Hollyberries." (I know that one got in my head repetitively!) That is my upstate New York childhood Christmas music.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of my friends are going caroling tonight in the shopping district of Georgetown and they will be singing alternative versions of carols:
Silent night, holy night
ice caps thawed, polar plight
take your day to a higher place
at the dawn of redeeming grace
money does not equal worth
money does not equal worth
.

No comments: