Friday, December 19, 2008

More festive music

An especially joy-inducing Christmas album was We Wish You A Merry Christmas by White Eisenstein. For me, it was an introduction to more medieval-sounding music, and I loved it. The tape was first listened to on an island in the Puget Sound. Later, the CD was purchased in Northern California, although I feel as if the shop that sold it probably had some suspiciously New Age-y vibes (which would not have been my father's cup of tea.) Absolutely adored the flute and guitar, and still do, so I have got to find the CD, if it's not at my mom's house. Oooh, Pan-flute.com.
Well, I just tried to look up Coventry Carol. Eeesh. Strangely fascinating, but also gruesome and dire. Rewind, erase, and mentally replay the White Eisenstein instrumental version!

No comments: