Thursday, December 22, 2011

Like this I think never heard before tonight

Why? Maybe because it has interesting electronic bell sound effects that make me think of living in the 80s and part of me looking up to older girls and wondering what gorgeous lives and loves were in store for them (and eventually maybe me?)

"Sugar" B side from the China CD

And yet the lyrics are self-questioning in some fashion
And the electronic bell sounds also make me think of kitschy German tourist stuff in a store on the side of the road in Michigan
Those silly little clocks and sounds
Which is somehow like the middle ages calling through the kitsch

~~~~~
Daisy Dead Petals is more like falling down on the hill and getting soap bubbles in my eyes at age four
staring at the cattails across the road
wondering what they are about
I think some people tonight get to hear Daisy Dead Petals live
I'll be looking for that one!

No comments: