Monday, December 19, 2011

TA DA




Siren
First video embed.

Something interesting happened this weekend.
Well, first I got to go to a concert.
We got tickets I couldn’t afford because of knowing someone at Nike (goddess of victory!) It was funny because at the end I saw the artist’s husband at the back of the theatre. I swear, I was almost like, “Hey, what’s up.” He doesn’t know you! I stopped myself. That was odd. I also sort of had to say to myself “She’s not your mom,” when the artist first came out. It was great…got to see her live for the first time.
We got to see God/Tubular Bells/Running Up That Hill.
The second night I didn’t get to go, and maybe if I’d known they got to see Take to The Sky with the Datura bridge I’d have been jealous. But I was busy making my discovery.
Leather, they got, also. Leather…
So what it is, is this. You might decide, “Oh, why not” one night. That person you thought of from time to time but don’t know. Whatever happened to them? Distant relation, daughter of a parent’s cousin, who started out a life with some tragic circumstances. Well many things, apparently. Yes. Many things! A high school graduation. A couple of aliases. And some writing gigs. And something else, too. A career as a professional dominatrix? No kidding? Wow. It’s not necessarily to say that you should walk into a club and say something. That would be adventurous, obviously. (Like jetting off to the jungle!) Would you say, I saw that wedding photo when I was younger, and heard the story about you and I was intrigued by your name and now here we are, hey?
I looked at some other people, too. This girl was interesting. She wrote Hard Vanilla and about the weight of the heart. But that’s not her. This person was interviewed on NPR and also by her elsewhere. But that’s not her. They are younger. She’s older now (She still looks pretty young. She’s been on a magazine cover and in other things.) But, she even mentioned she won’t get as much work as she gets older. There’s a person out there who has decided to live in a suit of leather and a whip…I needed to get some air. Vanilla is probably something I am, I thought. Not like the girl that is “hard vanilla.” But the other kind.
Also, though, vanilla is something that is white when mixed with milk and sugar, and brown in a bottle.
I am going to use vanilla to make a scrumptious pannacotta!
I went for a walk in the evening. I walked by a house decorated like fairyland. (For Christmas.)
I was thinking of Siren and some tears came to my eyes but that seemed a little melodramatic and they receded as I walked home and I felt a little tickle in my chest. Like a fairy sits on my heart.

No comments: