Sunday, November 02, 2008

Written from a nice, relaxed state of mind

Which I did not necessarily possess all day long. Illustration: At one point, as I was crossing a street, I heard a quiet, sinister sounding laugh. I tried to see where it had come from and turned to look at a large image of Jesus on the side of a van. (What's the matter with that juxtapostion?) Later, I resorted to utilizing a little tune about loving yourself, which I heard the other day. I think it helped. At first it did not, but I made myself listen to it in my head. Maybe I was even singing it aloud, who knows. I did this even though a big part of my mind could have found it to be very silly or narcissistic. If you are really really down at the bottom of a pit for some reason, it might help. It went, in part, I love myself/I love myself/I I I/me me me. I got it from a phone number which a friend and I called when we were looking through a book called Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper. ***insert musical notes***
Also, I found out the other day that playing with the kinds of toys that kids use in kindergarten class can be beautifully stress-relieving and FUN.
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior, a book which my friend spontaneously gave to me, has actually been very interesting. Even though some of what I read in it can trigger stress responses, it has been helpful in negotiating a sense of how to be in the world.

No comments: