Monday, November 17, 2008

I guess the holidays are coming...

So, soon, some people will be caroling! Once when I was little (perhaps 8) I went caroling in a nursing home with a brownie troup. I remember it gave me a beautiful feeling. I felt like we-and I-made some sad people happy. I think it was my first act of community service. I really like that custom. I liked listening to Come they told me parapapumpum... on record. It was hard to be in Peru, the one Christmas I was there (was I perhaps 20 or 21?) because I missed the customs. And yet, now I always notice the panetone in the grocery store around the holidays, in a way I never had before. It makes me wonder if there is a way to consolidate all the good that ever came out of any experience? There might be. Good grief. If my younger self could see me now. Well, it does. And I guess that somehow I found myself in limbo. I was once young and adventurous. Now I have to read more of those books on prosperity and abundance. I looked up a poem I used to read in college. It is a carol. The Corpus Christi Carol.

No comments: