Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knitting book...and other...

I. In addition to the many "how-to" books I also have checked out Knitting Heaven and Earth and I am enjoying reading that one.
II. Random thoughts! I showed some of my knitting friends the Dear Deer video which I originally found here, and I thought of All in Green Went My Love Riding, and they went "what the..." and then we resumed cheerful watching of Monty Python and Flight of the Conchords, but still I thought it was appropriate, because we were in Ohio, and one of them had just shown me a real photo of two deer touching noses...so I would have never tried knitting but I may have caught the Stitch n' Bitch virus; we shall see...the book I checked out is set in Northern CA, which reminds of me visiting my father when he was stationed there, and of listening to various R & B songs on the radio, like Back to Life, and the public library there was so cool, too, and I read a book I really liked called A Stitch in Time by Penelope Lively. (That cover is nice but it's not the same! I remember a sampler prominently displayed.) Probably read it while we ate at Carl's Jr. And we went to Nepenthe (most gorgeous views ever!) a few times. And I remember as well staring with incredible longing at things in a "Hello Kitty" store in the mall where the lady was rude and I felt that it was because I looked poor and parentless. Oh and there was this store in Carmel that had the most perfect, albeit ridiculously expensive (for us) hand-knit sweater that I tried on when family was there, and we talked about it for a long time.
XX Question about life:
Did - you - ever - feel - like - some - girl - you - might - have - played - with -on - a - playground - when - you - were - like - four - now - disdains - to - interact - with - you - because - YOU - DON'T - HAVE - A - MOTHERFUCKING - DICK?

No comments: